Wednesday 12 October 2011

Project 2: FLYING QUOTATIONS

This idea was based on quotations on movement presented by significant   personalities. I have chosen two quotations: "ALL CHANGE IS NOT GROWTH AS ALL MOVEMENT IS NOT FORWARD" by American Novelist Ellen Glasgow (1873-1945) and 'NEVER CONFUSE MOVEMENT WITH ACTION' by American author and journalist Ernest Hemingway (1899 - 1961). 

First I made few sketches...



...then I created 'quotes'. I cut black stripes and created the text using letters that I bought in a craft shop:


Finally I installed the stripes into my BLACK BOX. I was trying to create some kind of 'flying effect':


To be honest I have found this idea somehow over the top - maybe I just tried to be too smart. I do not like the result. It just does not work.
After all it seems that Ellen Glasgow was right: "ALL CHANGE IS NOT GROWTH AS ALL MOVEMENT IS NOT FORWARD".

No comments:

Post a Comment